Monday, July 25, 2005

Family Reunions Demonstrate Why We Don't Get Together More Often

So that's where I was the past couple of days. Ventured from Wisconsin all the way to South Dakota. It's the farthest I've been out of my state.

WEDNESDAY - Drove up there. Pretty much listened to my anime music and read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Hilarious book and I should see the movie so I can whine and argue about it like the cool fanboys do.

THURSDAY - Argued about lunch, went to Barnes and Nobel, saw a nifty CLAMP artbook that I'll be too lazy to ever buy, it was really hot, blah, blah, blah.

FRIDAY - The Washington Center (a former High School) is a nifty place. The family got a tour of the place and we came across to the theater department, which made me insanely jealous. They actually have an auditorium that seats 1900, compared to our second gymnasium which seats, oh, 12. Maybe 15 if the school's feeling generous. 10 dressing rooms and a giant costume and props department. It ain't fair.

Had a brief tour of Augustana College, which seems like a nice place, I guess. OH GOD, THE HEAT. 104 degrees. When you have a wardrobe like mine, that's a recipe for disaster.

During the evening I went to see a seven-man production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. Not as hot, and only one family member accompanied, both of which I am thankful for. The show was quite nice and pretty accurate. I still like my troupe's portrayal of the Rude Mechanicals better, of course. I'm rather quite proud of my Thisbe. At any rate, they did a good job for only seven people.

SATURDAY- I went and checked out the local shops. Found Dirt Boss and Optimus Prime at Wal-Mart, neither of which I got. My brother got Dirt Boss, who's okay I suppose. I'd give him a B-. And I guess Toa Iruini is out from the Bionicle line. Maybe I'll get him when I have extra cash.

Then there was a barbecue or something with the whole family. Wandered around outside, made a little small talk with family members I knew, ate and had cake. Spent most of the time holed up in the basement with a vintage N64.

SUNDAY- We left. Nothing really happened. Spent the ride home staring out the window contemplating a certain issue.

So all-in-all, it was a good time I suppose. I'm glad it ended when it did though.

1 comment:

Alexander said...

CLAMP is awesome. All three are correct. People are having trouble with that last one for some reason.

As for strats, I'll probably show up when my scheduling allows.