Monday, May 23, 2005

Do YOU speak BOCCE??!!

Gundam SEED Destiny - Episode 30: The Fleeting Dream
Not much happens except for Shinn going against orders and returning Stellar. We get to see a bit more of Shinn's character, and we find that Neo seems to be genuinely a nice guy behind the mask. Also, we see the remains of the Saviour. it's safe to say that we'll be getting the new Justice soon; I imagine ZAFT will put in the order at the same time as the Destiny.
Rating: B-

Trinity Blood - Episodes 2 and 3: "Witch Hunt" & "Star of Sorrow Pt. 1"
Episode 2 was boring. We're introduced to the new droid character and there's some nutty plot involving a little girl. Yah, I don't care. Episode 3 was much better. Abel has some funny moments and we are introduced to Esther. She'll probably stick around, seeing as she's in the ending. I'm looking forward to seeing what this royal enemy guy is up to. I especially liked the part at the end where they face down the squad. Can't wait to see what happens to our hero.
Ep. 2 Rating: C+
Ep. 3 Rating: A-

Speaking of anime, Gunslinger Girl rawks.

I bought the Vol. 1 + box set last week. Nifty wallscroll that I might put up somewhere, though I think I'd be rather uncomfortable with a poster featuring adolescent girls in my bedroom. >_>;;

It's indeed a thinking man's anime and I can't help but be interested in all the various relationships. The first five episodes do a nice job of setting up the characters and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. As with any job involving a shadowy organization, I'm betting that the Italian Welfare Agency has something to hide. And of course, a healthy dose of gunfights and explosions. All set to some lovely music. Volume 2 can't get here soon enough.

No comments: