Sunday, May 01, 2005

We gather today to mourn the dearly departed...

Fullmetal Alchemist - Episode 25: "Words of Farewell"
I hate character death spoilers. I really do. Nonetheless, this was an incredibly moving episode. Pretty much a given that Douglas was a Sin, though Lust's appearance caught me off guard. Nice to see that Hughes can fight. I also had a hunch that Maria was really Envy. I'm just glad Gluttony wasn't the one to finish the job. The episode had quite possibly one of the saddest moments I've ever seen in an anime. Poor Eliza's protest set off the tears for me. Truly a great episode.
Rating: A+
We'll miss you, Hughes. *salutes*

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Episode 25: "Barrage"
Can't believe they "killed off" the remaining three Tachikomas. Can't believe they got Ishikawa either. The ending was a big shocker, as well. I have a feeling she's not gone though. She wasn't wearing her watch. The directors look for every excuse they can find to give fanservice, I see. Great action all around and I'm eagerly awaiting the season finale next week.
Rating: A-
Dang, this has been quite a tragic evening.

No comments: