Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Force Is Strong With This One.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
Dude. DUDE. DUUUUUUDDDDDDE. DUDE!!!

I take back everything I said about the Flanneled One. Throughout the entire film, I was grinning like an idiot. (Well except that part after the rescue of Palpatine)

The drama in the movie caught me very much off guard. Tears were on their way as Anakin ignited his lightsaber in front of the children, again during the Jedi Purge, again as Obi-Wan learns of Anakin's actions, and once more during the landing pad scene with Padme, Obi and Anakin.

Battle scenes were awesome of course. Dooku's scenes were fun to watch, and any lightsaber battle involving Palpatine was great. My jaw was on the floor as Yoda took on Palps. I couldn't get rid of the smile on my face as master and apprentice fought to the near-death.

BEST. SPACE BATTLE. EVER.

R2 got his fair share of laughs and applause from the crowd. Yoda as well; everybody cheered when he pushed away the Royal Guards. The humor in here was much more controlled and appropriate than in the other prequels.

The Duel was great. I can't stress this enough.

Music = awesome. John Williams is amazing. I've been humming "Fall of the Hero" all night.

Hayden seems to have improved somewhat, though Natalie Portman could have been CGI for all I knew. Ian McDiamard steals the show, and most of the actors do all right.Writing was alright. Better than AOTC at any rate.

Greivous was enjoyable. The battle with him and Obi could have been longer or more climactic, but it's good to know that the crew remembered who the real villain was.

It does drag on after the Battle above Coruscant. That was the point I chose to use the bathroom.

I'm not sure what to think about Vader's final scene. On the one hand, it's a very human and realistic reaction for someone who's gone through what Anakin's gone through. On the other, Vader does a decent Frankenstein impression and the "NOOOOO!" seemed a bit off.

Oh yeah, the Battle Droid voices were annoying. I had always assumed that the Super Battle Droids would sound more masculine.

Small complaints in the end.

Rating: A

Thank you, Lucas.

No comments: